Our little “fluid project” got it’s name from 2 things – 1) our desire to help athletes move better, and 2) our desire to continuously improve with the latest sport science. That’s why we are so excited to share with you our improved formulas & brand new packaging for 2019!
Fluid Performance (original & new):
So, what’s new?
- We increased sodium content 20% to better match the scientific data of how much sodium is lost in sweat. This increases sodium from 200mg per 100cal scoop to 240mg of sodium per 100cal scoop. Side note – Fluid only uses sodium citrate as our source of this precious mineral. Other brands often use cheaper alternatives like sodium chloride instead of sodium citrate to save money as citrate is 7.4x the price! Sodium chloride is also more likely to upset the mucosa of the stomach.
- We’ve adjusted our internal processes to make the finished product even more soluble than before. Crazy, we know! Keep in mind, throwing a scoop straight into ice water won’t work so well (what does?), so we recommend room temp water if you need it mixed instantly then add ice after its mixed up. But Rich, why can’t I just use ice water? Because temperature and solubility are directly related (for the vast majority of salts).
- We’ve gone away from the plastic containers, and moved to more eco-friendly flexible packaging. This significantly reduces the amount of energy required to product each unit, plus the bags travel easier than a bulky tub (so get ready to pack your bags! Get it? Hehe…)
Fluid Recovery (original & new):
What’s new? A LOT!
- We increased protein content from 7 to 10 grams of whey isolate protein in Chocolate, Mint Chocolate, Berry & Tropical Recovery formulas.
- We increased carb content from 27 grams to 30 grams, creating a solid 3:1 ratio of carbs to protein, ideal for post exercise recovery.
- We increased L-glutamine content from 2500mg to over 3000mg, and including the glutamine within the protein, the new formula contains 5000mg of total glutamine! Not only is this amino acid absolutely critical for gut health, feeding the immune system, and muscle recovery, many other “recovery” products don’t even include it. Crazy!
- We removed Vitamin C from the formula. Why? It’s a potent anti-oxidant, which means it scavenges free radicals (the “exhaust” molecules of metabolism), but it turns out these free radicals are a significant stimulant that prompts and promotes adaptions to training. Crazy right?! So, while we should keep taking our vitamin C & eating our blueberries for those precious antioxidants, we don’t want them immediately before, during, or after exercise, if we are trying to maximize training adaptions.
- As mentioned above, we’ve gone away from the plastic containers, and moved to more eco-friendly flexible packaging.
Fluid Protein (brand new)
- This is NOT another recovery formula. This is our first protein focused on restoration and designed for use at non-specific times. Try it as part of your breakfast, in place of a sugary dessert, in between meals, etc.
- The macros are 22 grams of protein, 6 grams of carbs, and 1 gram of fat, all naturally occurring from the non-gmo pea protein.
- It’s more than just the protein – get a solid dose of turmeric extract, ginger root, and ground cinnamon, all fantastic for reducing inflammation in achy athletes. You can read more here: https://livefluid.com/2018/11/14/fluids-restorative-protein/